Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Relegation: Are We Still Worried?

It's been 49 days since Fulham was lifted from the relegation zone with a 3-0 victory at the Cottage against West Brom.  4 wins, 3 draws, 2 great showings vs Tottenham and Chelsea, and 1 Bobby Zamora later, the Whites are sitting in a somewhat comfortable 13th place, at the moment.

BUT. (There's always a but).  A mere 4 points seperate Fulham from the relegation zone, in a year that's seen incredible parity across the league table, and among their 11 remaining season opponents are Manchester City this Sunday, Manchester United, Bolton who just beat Fulham in the FA Cup, Liverpool, and Arsenal.

So, here's my question to you: Is anyone out there still worried about relegation? The consensus during the time the team was actually in the zone seemed to be that there was no question they'd climb out.  Well, they've climbed out, but it still is the 19328475014 pound elephant in the room.  I know as far as I go, it's certainly still in the back of my head.

Your thoughts? Post 'em here, vote in the poll, or be really special and do both!

3 comments:

  1. I am not concerned about relegation. Fulham are almost completely healthy and I still believe the reason for the slow first half was injury related.

    In fact, with Zamora returning I still think Fulham have a shot to qualify for Europe by the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, certainly looking up are we? I don't know if I'd go that far. Maybe it's just me being an American with relegation not really in anything around here, that I'm somewhat worried, but I'm not like shaking in my boots. We're certainly not in the dire straits we were a few years ago

    ReplyDelete